I want to make small status update on what is happening with mvcExpress framework.
During last couple of months I am actively developing extensions for mvcExpress:
- Worker extension : will let you use workers using mvcExpress modules and communication. (it hides worker API.) (Work in progress)
- pureMVC to mvcExpress extension : will let you change pureMVC project into mvcExpress project in matters of minutes(and improve performance of your app), with help of air application. (Work in progress)
- viewTree manager extension : will give tools to manage view tree of your app in very convenient way. (paused.)
- 3d/2d framework support extension. (like Starling, Away3d.) (planned.)
Working with these projects I noticed one common problem with mvcExpress – it is very hard to extend it. In many cases I had to hack my own framework to accomplish what I want. (I treat it as a compliment, as it was designed to be as solid as possible.)
But now I want to change that, I want to make it more flexible and extendable.
What will not change:
- Main API.
- The way ModuleCore.as is used then extended.
What will change:
- ‘org’ package is dropped.
- ModuleSplite and ModuleMovieClip removed. (changed with better workflow using ModuleCore.)
- onRegister and onRemove made protected in mediators.
- mvcExrpess live implemented as extension, not stand alone framework version.
- inject points added for main actors (ProxyMap, MediatorMap, CommandMap, Messenger) to make it possible to use extended classes.
- mvcExpress.org site.
In my opinion – package change and protected onRegister/onRemove will be most annoying change, to fix that I will give you tool to automatically refactor mvcExpress v1 to mvcExpres v2 !
mvcExpres v2 planed to be released in about a weak.
Have fun with flash!